Monday, December 31, 2018

Looking Back (2018) & Ahead (2019)

It's December, which means it's time for my annual blog post 😅

2018

This year I accomplished a few of my resolutions for once: I lost weight, increased my GPA, got accepted to grad schools, worked on my languages (duh), and sold a cross stitch. 

There were also a few things that weren't on my list. In winter I officially declared a minor in German Studies at UCSB. In spring, I gained an officer position in my club and finished my junior year of college. Over the summer I prepared my grad school applications. This fall I was accepted to four UK universities and I finished my major requirements. I also wrote a featured blog post about how I've overcome my anxiety disorder. And, most excitingly, I finished my first paid translation project this week!

2019

I will be finishing my B.A. this June! And as long as I get the finances together, I will be starting a one-year M.A. in Professional Translation for European Languages at Newcastle University in England this September. I am super excited, as I can't wait to learn more about the craft and I have wanted a graduate degree for quite some time. And, of course, I've never traveled outside of the US so it will be an adventure. A few of my goals for the new year are:

  • Graduate with a 3.3 GPA
  • Save enough money for grad school
  • Read 3 novels in Spanish
  • Improve my German
  • Learn basic Korean
  • Continue losing weight
  • Be more active on my blog!
Wherever you are, whoever you are, I hope 2019 brings you happiness and self-improvement. 

Cheers,

Emily Anne Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment