Sunday, December 31, 2017

Looking Ahead at 2018

It's time for my obligatory "New Year, new me" post.

It's the last day of 2017, so I thought this would be a good time to post my goals and such for the coming year, which I've been compiling for quite awhile now. 

Goals

Lose weight.
I'm going to try to lose 30 pounds this year, slowly but healthily. 
Publish on YouTube.
It's something I've been wanting to do for awhile now, so I should just go ahead and do it.
Earn and maintain a 3.3 GPA.
I'm actually really close to achieving this, and it'll be important in the coming year because I'm also going to...
Apply to grad school. 
After years of having absolutely no idea which path to take, I've finally decided I want to pursue a Masters in Translation. So far I'm looking at NYU and Kent State. 
Log some volunteer hours. 
I've been doing some volunteer work lately and it's reminded me how much I enjoy it, so I want to take time in the new year to help those in need. 
Add and expand my languages.
I am constantly working on this objective, but I figured I would put it on the list anyway. Specifically I recently obtained some resources for Japanese and Russian that I would like to start on (thanks Santa).
Sell some cross-stitch.
I really enjoy the creativity and entrepreneurship it requires.
Publish 8 articles with the Nexus.
This is a relatively low number considering my past work with them, but it's going to be a busy year. 
Write a novel I actually want to be seen by the world.
I wrote a novel in high school, edited it, sent it to agents, then realized I hated it. I'm currently working on a project I'm really excited about, and I can't wait to see it grow.  

Other Thoughts

This past year was a great one for me, I'm pumped for 2018. I'm ready to finish my junior year strong. I hope to make more memories with the people I love, and to contribute to society in meaningful ways.

Happy New Year,
Emily Anne Williams 

No comments:

Post a Comment